COVID Class Info
Indoor/Outdoor/Zoom Accessible Classes
Progams - Aikido (Adult - Kids) & Tai Chi
Overview Class Structure
Each class segment is "a la carte." People can participate all indoors, all outdoors, all on Zoom, or any combination of segments. Class design will provide a consistent curriculum accessible by any combination of venues. If you have any questions on the right approach for you, please contact us.
Outdoor Venue: 398 Central Ave grassy area tucked behind the parking lot.
WEATHER UPDATE: Outdoor/Zoom only through warmer weather.
Monday 10/26 morning zoom classes due to rain. Check for updates.
- Indoors 45-60 minutes (Zoom accessible/outdoor optional) with masks/no deep breathing
- Outdoors 15-30 minutes (indoor optional) with aerobic exercise
- Upon request, longer outdoor ("polar bear") sessions
- Outdoors 15 minutes aerobic exercise
- Indoors 30 minutes (Zoom Accessible) with masks/no deep breathing
- Saturday 8:30am outdoors 30 minutes/indoors 30 minutes (Zoom accessible)
- Tues 6pm Zoom only
- Mon daytime & Wed eve indoors/Zoom accessible
Indoor Ventilation Precautions
In addition to the NYS requirments, indoor classes will only included normal breathing, without the deep breathing used in aerobic exercise. Any aerobic exercise is encouraged for short/high intensity outdoor training. In addition, air purifiers with HEPA filters protecting to .3 microns are used during class and afterwards. Their maximum potential specifications indicate the entire center's airspace can be purified approximately every 5 minutes.
We also have a no touch forehead thermometer for optional use - particularly for children who may not know if they have a fever as easily as adults.
Park Directions Weekends
Directions - Ridge Road Park. Please park in the lot and look to the right of the lot and back into the park to find class.
Park Directions Weekdays
Directions for parking by Crestwood Train Station - 2 hour parking allowed in the area.